the extreme hot weather, has made it difficult to photograph anything recently!

Close encounter with this Lizard

With temperatures hitting mid 40's centigrade recently, the heat has taken its toll on wildlife. 

Most of the mammals, birds and even insects in my area have been taking cover from the sun and become ever harder to find. Even when I do manage to search out something, it has often been in a situation where getting a decent shot has been impossible.

Venturing out very early in the morning  before the fiercest heat, has brought some success, but leaving things until late evening, has resulted in far too low light levels and all the problems that come with photographing wildlife in the dark.........either the need for high 'iso' and 'noisy' images, or ridiculously low shutter speeds and blurry images.

So, below are a selection of shots from the past two weeks, which I feel are acceptable.

Broad Bodied Chaser Dragonfly

Unidentified Moth

Pair of mating Ruddy Darter Dragonflies

White Crab Spider imitating a winged insect to confuse prey.

Adult 'Little Owl'

Black Tailed Skimmers

16/07/2019 - Partial Eclipse of the Moon

Bee Fly adult (top) and juvenile

Black Bee coming in to land

Common Blue Damselfly mating

Painted Lady Butterfly - first one that I have seen this year!

'Little Owl' Fledgling

Mating pair of Black Tailed Skimmers

Bee Fly taking an 'in-flight' pee!

Ruddy Darter up close

Common Darter even closer!

Common Darter

Black Tailed Skimmer

Emerald Damselfly


Our forecast for the next couple of weeks is still for 30+ degrees, but hopefully, the weather will cool down soon and I can get back to some different subjects!



If you enjoy my blogs, please 'share' them by using the link at the top of the page,
 or view 'high-res' images on my 'Flickr' pages:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/141733598@N08/


to view my earlier blogs, click on the 'Previous Blogs' link at the top left of this page.

Comments

  1. Excellent set of photos and I love the macro of the darter. I have been lucky enough to see the little owl on our barn roof several times in the past week. Your shot of the partial eclipse certainly beats mine!! The crab spider is brilliant.
    I don't think I will be getting my macro lens anytime soon now I have a new camera instead.
    Have a good week. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Triumph TR3a

The incredible 'White Tailed Eagle', photographed near Crinan in Scotland

a Winter Walk around 'Moor Green Lakes' Nature Reserve in Berkshire.....