an afternoon with Common Lizards


Earlier this week, I spent a few hours photographing the Common Lizards, that spend their life in my garden.  Although quite shy and wary of any sudden movements, they were happy to allow me into their world.

The following images of them, were all taken with my Nikon D500 and 200-500 f5.6 lens, mainly at 500mm.

















This shot clearly shows the 'Nicitating Membrane', or 3rd eyelid, which allows light, maintains vision and lubricates and protects the eye.




Back in December last year, I wrote a specific blog about these captivating little creatures, which gives more details about them and explains the difference between Lizard's and Gecko's. Here is the link:




if you enjoy reading my Wildlife Photography blogs, 
please check out my 'Previous Blogs
by clicking on the link at the top-left of this page,
or 'share' them with your friends on Facebook.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Triumph TR3a

The incredible 'White Tailed Eagle', photographed near Crinan in Scotland

a Winter Walk around 'Moor Green Lakes' Nature Reserve in Berkshire.....