2019 - My Wildlife year in Photographs


2019, has been a very eclectic year; from the tiny insects in my garden, here in the Dordogne, to Red Kites in Wales, Ospreys in Scotland and back to giant rodents in my local rivers. I have been privileged to be able to witness and record some of natures wonders.

Below, are a small selection of my personal favourite wildlife and natural history shots, taken this year whilst on my travels. 


I hope that you enjoy seeing them, as much as I did photographing them!

all images taken with my Nikon D500 and a selection of Nikon lenses.

Time for lunch


Male Great Spotted Woodpecker


A tender moment from a pair of Coypu


Dragonfly emerging from its Nymph


Nuthatch


Green Bush Cricket


Pollinator at work


Little Egret


Young Roe Deer


Little Owl with a Beetle


Come into my parlour


Red Kite in dive


Spotted deep in the woods


Fighting Ants


Red Kite


Up close with a Common Darter Dragonfly


Cormorant skimming the surface


Harvestman Spider


Blue Damselfly


Incoming Hoverfly


Little Owl


Pair of Cygnets


Hoverfly mid-flight


Greenfinch


Sunbathing


Turnstones in flight


Skimmer Dragonfly


Common Swallowtail Butterfly


Cormorant drying its wings


A pair of Common Darters


Fritilliary Butterfly


Little Egret


Crab Spider


Mallards


Increasing the gene pool


Green Frog

Hummingbird Hawk Moth


Mining Bee


Kestrel with a Vole for lunch


Stink Bug


Common Wall Lizard


Foreshore Birds


Common Wall Lizard


Everyones favourite......The Robin


The amazing Beefly


Face to Face with a Wall Lizard


Digger Wasp emerging from its nest


Migrating Cranes


Dunnock


Coming in to land


After the rain


Female Mantis laying eggs


Autumn is a great time for Funghi


A few drops of water can make all the difference



When raindrops are the size of footballs



Red Kite


Buzzard





Comments

  1. An amazing selection of photos, impossible to select a favourite they are all so good. I have to say though I do love the macro shots. (Sigh) maybe one day I will get the right lens, meanwhile I have to sort out the problem with my telephoto lens!

    All the best to you both for 2020. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Triumph TR3a

The incredible 'White Tailed Eagle', photographed near Crinan in Scotland

a Winter Walk around 'Moor Green Lakes' Nature Reserve in Berkshire.....