It's great to be back out with the camera

It's been a while since my last blog, as I have been catching up on my favourite local wildlife venues.  Ironically, they have not produced a lot for me to shoot, but its been great to get out and about again! 

Our Little Owl has been busy again this year and has provided me with some great shots and the local 'Jays' have been very entertaining.  The insect world continues to amaze me and a Heron gave me a 'flyby' at the local lake.

The weather has been changeable, so either raining, or very bright......neither of which are conducive to getting great images!

However, here are some of my favourite shots taken recently. - I hope that you enjoy them!


Bee Flies hovering, whilst feeding from the lavender

Marbled White Butterfly

Noon Fly, blowing bubbles to cool down.

Violet Carpenter Bee







Jays in the garden


The beautiful Emperor Dragonfly - Male












My 3rd year, of photographing this 'Little Owl'..........it's been an absolute privilege and highlight of the year again!

Grey Heron on a 'fly-by' at the local lake.



Mallards, at sunrise!


If you enjoy my blogs, please share them on facebook etc.


Older blogs can be viewed by clicking on the  symbol, at the top of the home page.

Comments

  1. Wonderful selection of photos and everyone a favourite. Having said that, I love the photos of the Little owl scratching and yawning, so relaxed and so much character. The photos of the Eurasian Jays are also great. I see them from time to time down the road but I have never yet managed to get a photo of them :-( Stay safe, a bientôt. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Triumph TR3a

The incredible 'White Tailed Eagle', photographed near Crinan in Scotland

a Winter Walk around 'Moor Green Lakes' Nature Reserve in Berkshire.....